Director's Report - November 2023
Each month Director Juli Moreno presents a report to the Board of Directors highlighting the previous month’s activities.
Senior Center Board of Directors Meeting
November 9, 2023
Administration: Juli Moreno
- Furnace being updated, not replaced.
- Safety Assessment on site completed through Lifepath, two minor issues, all fixed.
- Designated as Heating Center (at present only hours of operation)
- Bulbs from Bridge of Flowers are being fostered in our flower beds until renovations are complete.
- Partnering with Ashfield library for Social History Project, as well as their Historical Society
- Had a table at the Family Resource Fair at Mohawk, promoted services.
- Office of Elder Affairs visit by Sec Chen and Adam Frank, also legislators available for discussion and information on services.
- Rec Committee working with us for Cowell Gym and potential programming in Spring.
- Juli attended the Advisory Council for LifePath, monthly meetings.
- Open Air committee, Rec Committee, libraries, and some local businesses are now in network, sharing items for newsletters and postings.
- Agenda-driven weekly staff meetings occurring, meeting notes available.
- Walking Club started, growing in attendees, max 25 walkers signed up.
- Cards/Cribbage/Bridge is making a comeback!
- Social History Project in Ashfield, through winter, held at Belding library.
- Strong Wellness track, education, and presentations. Social increasing, grief support and peer support possibilities being discussed.
- Increase of attendance in wellness activities, Balance participants signing up for activities
- Holiday fun, Tea with Mrs. Claus and card making and more
- Posts and information sharing on social media.
- T-Shirts still available!
- Newsletter more feedback, submissions from members and requests for email version for those that live out of area.
- Ad in Ashfield Film Festival program
- Sharing of events with various vendor newsletters such as Lifepath, West County Shopper
- Completed MCOA grant for Caregiver Respite for 8,000
- Received a $500 donation to cover Thanksgiving meal costs.
- Waiting on results of EOEAH hybrid grant, notification end of Nov
- Completed three bill runs, coding and budgeting. Completed four Turnover of cash and donations to Town Hall.
- Completed FRTA, RSVP, Caregiver Grant monthly reports.
Outreach: Teddy Doucette
Outreach 59 unduplicated individuals
Home Visit/transportation - 17
Risk / Counseling:
- 32 check-in calls or home visit to at risk and/or isolated seniors.
- provided supportive counseling 10 times.
- provided support with Medical Management 15 times.
LifePath grant status:
- coordinated home repair or technology support for 18
- co-facilitated monthly Caregiver Support Group with 10 attending.
- co-facilitated monthly Memory Cafe with 16 attending.
- CISA and Farm Share- 20, all done for the season.
- Completed 2 SHINE applications.
- helped 3 with RMV issues.
- referred 4 for Home Modification Program
- assisted 6 with housing applications and/or provided necessary information about housing
- SHINE appointments or resolution of insurance issues for 8 (with Leanne and Teddy once monthly), open enrollment, Teddy finishing all day trainings, shadowing Leanne.
Activities: Dot Lyman (weekly counts, unless otherwise noted)
- Lifepath meal inside every Thurs - average 10-12 per meal
To Go Meals
- 10/17-butternut squash soup, bread, harvest salad, dessert – 52
- 10/31-Mystery Meal (hot dog mummies, potato salad with eyeball, veggie, cake)- 55
Health and Clinics:
- 10/16 – 13 (B-4, A-2, S-7)
- 10/30 – 12 (B-7, A-1, S-3)
- Ask the Nurse – 10/24 - 8
- Yoga with instructor 8-10
- Matter of Balance workshop – series of 8, 17 attending
- Dance Aerobics exercise – 8 per session
- Healthy Bones & Balance exercise program in person, Weds at 10 in Senior Center - 15 people, 2 instructors, Thurs at 10 in Ashfield – 13 people, 2 instructors
- Tai Chi for Beginners- every Tuesday - 10
- Tai Chi for Arthritis every Thursday – 10
- BINGO every Thursday – 10-12 people each time.
- Movie –10/31 – “Addams Family II” - 5
- Knitting group – every Thursday 10-15 people
- Ashfield COA lunch – 9/7- 12 people.
- Men's Night –10/11 – trip to Ashfield Stone – 8
Education and Expression:
- Sen. Learning Network – 10/10 “Music of the Sea at the Mystic” – 2, 10/24 “Wind Cave Nat. Park” - 2
- Veteran’s Agent here the 4th Wed. every month – open for drop ins
- Memoir Writing by Zoom (held every Friday) – 10 people per time.
- Novel Idea Book Club – 8-10 people
- Drumming – every Monday – 10 people
Transport- Bob Szafran
- Oct23- logged in 2547 miles this month (A-27, B-27, S-97, other-48)
- 72 Med rides, 90 shopping, 54 other